Thursday, January 3, 2013

Freebie Friday: His Hand Extended Bible Study (Kindle Ebook)

We are starting a New Year and a new tradition at Wordmaster Books. We will be offering a Free ebook every Friday from our growing collection of Kindle books. This week it will be His Hand Extended: Lessons in Everyday Ministry.

You may not have ever seen yourself as a "minister," but God does have a plan for each of us to serve him, and others. These help you discover and prepare for the ministry God has for you.

Here's a short excerpt:


         Back in the mid-70’s I read a book which began, “I’m just a little girl with a great big God inside of me and I’m out to change my world.”   I remember little else about that book other than that first line.  But those words made a tremendous impact on me.  If I have God living within me, and if I let Him work through me, I am going to change my world.

            As Christians, we are called to be world shakers. We are called to be light in darkness, to bring water to the thirsty, food to the hungry and healing to the wounded.  We are called to cast a long shadow, which like the shadow of Peter has the power to raise up the afflicted.

            An on-line friend of mine says that we are to be “Jesus to the hurting.”  I like that. My mother used to say, “We are the only Bible many people will every read.  We are the only Jesus they will know.”  That’s an awesome responsibility if you think about it.  The Bible says we are Ambassadors of Christ.  We are His representatives. 

            Yet, that scares many of us.  Why?  I don’t think for most it is a fear of ridicule by others, although, that is sometimes the case.  I think most people simply worry about “doing it right.”  They are afraid of failing God by not ministering effectively, so they don’t minister for Him at all.

            In this series of lessons we will be learning about ministry, about the qualities of a minister, and about the source of power for ministry.   Once we understand in whose name and by whose power we minister, we can move out boldly with a “great big God” inside of us and start to change our world

No comments:

Post a Comment