Tuesday, December 25, 2012

New Wordmaster Bible Study Releases on Kindle

I hope you all had a Merry Christmas. Now, you have that new Kindle or possibly Android or Microsoft Tablet, Smartphone or an iPad and you are looking for some books to fill it up with. Well, you can start with the Shelfari book shelf in the right column of this page. But if you are looking for a new Bible study series to start off the new year, might I suggest one of the following.

Walking Worthy: Guidelines for Effective Christian Living


Paul tells us to "Walk worthy of the calling to which you have been called." But, how do we do that? What does that look like in everyday life? This Bible study series explores several aspects of the Christian Walk. Here's an excerpt from the series:

"I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called,”   (Eph 4:1 KJV)

Have you ever noticed, when you see pictures of the British Royal Family going somewhere, how they walk? They don't clump along, slouching, arms swinging everywhere. They walk with a measured step always conscious of the ubiquitous stare of the crowds. As children, they are taught how to walk erect and with careful step. In short they are taught how to walk like royalty. Their very carriage and demeanor from childhood on speaks of nobility.

We are part of a royal family. We are children of the King of Kings and Lord of Lords. The world also scrutinizes our behaviors. No less than a human royal family, we need to walk in a manner that speaks of divine nobility. No, I don't mean we need to practice walking with books on our heads. I'm talking of our spiritual walk. In our actions, we must walk in such a way that our royal parentage shows through.

In this series of lessons, we will look at several aspects of how we can "walk worthy of the calling to which [we] have been called."

His Hand Extended: Lessons in Everyday Ministry

God has a ministry for you. There is no doubt about that. There is something he wants you to do for the Kingdom of God. This Bible study series will help you first discover your ministry and secondly to prepare to be effective in it. Written from one lay person to another, this series is designed for those of us who might never consider ourselves "ministers," but that just means servants. Some serve in front of the congregation. The rest of us serve within it. Here's an excerpt:

Back in the mid-70’s I read a book which began, "I’m just a little girl with a great big God inside of me and I’m out to change my world." I remember little else about that book other than that first line. But those words made a tremendous impact on me. If I have God living within me, and if I let Him work through me, I am going to change my world.

As Christians, we are called to be world shakers. We are called to be light in darkness, to bring water to the thirsty, food to the hungry and healing to the wounded. We are called to cast a long shadow, which like the shadow of Peter has the power to raise up the afflicted.

An on-line friend of mine says that we are to be "Jesus to the hurting." I like that. My mother used to say, "We are the only Bible many people will every read. We are the only Jesus they will know." That’s an awesome responsibility if you think about it. The Bible says we are Ambassadors of Christ. We are His representatives.

Yet, that scares many of us. Why? I don’t think for most it is a fear of ridicule by others, although, that is sometimes the case. I think most people simply worry about "doing it right." They are afraid of failing God by not ministering effectively, so they don’t minister for Him at all.

In this series of lessons we will be learning about ministry, about the qualities of a minister, and about the source of power for ministry. Once we understand in whose name and by whose power we minister, we can move out boldly with a "great big God" inside of us and start to change our world

Both of these Bible studies take a discovery approach first presenting a commentary followed by a series of scripture-based study questions. They are suited for both individual and small group Bible studies.


http://www.amazon.com/Walk-Worthy-Guidelines-Wordmaster-ebook/dp/B00ARGTWYWhttp://www.amazon.com/His-Hand-Extended-Wordmaster-ebook/dp/B00ASHHASK

No comments:

Post a Comment